HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:57 pm 
friendly kitty

Got a pre-2000 Fox Vanilla Float shock? You can use the Float air seal kit, I used on one my Vanilla Float RL from '99 and it worked great.

Never, ever buy a fork with worn stanchions. It is hideously expensive to fix (new stanchions, bushings and a service) and NOT worth it, except if you need parts.

You can use a Dual Flow Rebound damper in a Recon Gold, Sektor, or 32mm Pike which is HIGHLY recommended even if you don't do drops, use this one: http://tinyurl.com/o7x23ve

(I actually orderd mine there, that site is legit, it's from a bike shop owner in Dresden. He stocks many more hard to find RS and Marzocchi parts too)

You can use a RCT3 damper from a older (pre-2013 afaik) Revelation in the above forks.

You can NOT use a Pure rebound damper in a Duke or Psylo without the Pure tube, the piston is too small.

Got a Duke with the Hydra-Air spring that is limited to 80mm of travel but want 100mm? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=989

You can somewhat use a Duke MoCo damper in a Psylo, but the ID of the Psylo stanchions are narrower so it's a tight fit.

Store your bicycle upside down once a month, it'll let oil run into the bushings and keep 'em lubricated, prolonging fork/bushing life.

Want to paint your lowers or anything else that's made from Magnesium? https://archive.is/JJnDa

Have a Magura Phaon which needs a service? http://pastebin.com/RgPVapYY

Not suspension related but also Magura related: Broke your brake line and need to bleed? Don't use the hideously expensive Magura Blood, but use Citroen LHM suspension oil, or ATF. I use Kroon Handy Oil on my chain in the winter, and in HS33's, which works great)

I'll update this topic with more info when I learn something new.

Last edited by Sarge on Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:46 pm 
pussy

Great topic!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:46 pm 
friendly kitty

Got any tips that will allow me to service my fork without all the hassle of taking everything apart and dedicating a couple hours all at once for the service? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:40 pm 
pussy

I do. Get an xfusion fork. Full service incl. Oil change in damper cartridge took me less than an hour. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:32 pm 
friendly kitty

Sti wrote:
I do. Get an xfusion fork. Full service incl. Oil change in damper cartridge took me less than an hour. :)

Or a old school Marzocchi Z2 fork if you need less than 100mm of travel and a proven-by-everyone reliabilty record.