HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm 
big hucker

I have several LED flashlights and I'm really impressed with how well they work. As a backup to my bike lights, I bought a small flashlight to handlebar mount so I could bring a flashlight in my pack in case of a failure. I haven't used it yet and it honestly looks like it won't work very well. Maybe subconsciously I don't want to know my cheap $2.00 mount sucks. :lol:

For those of you who do use flashlights on your night rides, what mount do you use and how well do you like it?

I'm interested in buying a decent adjustable mount that could hold a flashlight onto my handlebar or helmet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 pm 
bad kitty!

Maglite offers a couple of different mounts as I recall.

Magura :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:19 pm 
stealth kitty

There's this bike light set from Bell I got off walmart for the kids. The front one is practically a flashlight and it has a nice mount for the handlebar. I've since stolen the flashlight. :mrgreen:

mmm bacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Shibiwan/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:48 pm 
pussy

Electrician's vinyl tape is a good ghetto mounting solution. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
grumpeh kitty!

For the handlebars I have one of these and it works just fine. However, I chucked the rubber shims and wrapped enough Gorilla tape around the flashlight body to create a better grip.

http://dx.com/p/universal-bicycle-mount ... -8mm-15342

For the helmet I just use a velcro strap through the vents with a piece of mouse pad under the light for a grippy surface and to raise it up to a useful angle off the helmet.

EDIT: Not all helmets have a convenient surface to place a flashlight. My Fox Flux is not flashlight-friendly, so I use an old roadie helmet for night riding.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 pm 
lurkin' kitty

marpilli wrote:
I have several LED flashlights and I'm really impressed with how well they work. As a backup to my bike lights, I bought a small flashlight to handlebar mount so I could bring a flashlight in my pack in case of a failure. I haven't used it yet and it honestly looks like it won't work very well. Maybe subconsciously I don't want to know my cheap $2.00 mount sucks. :lol:

For those of you who do use flashlights on your night rides, what mount do you use and how well do you like it?

I'm interested in buying a decent adjustable mount that could hold a flashlight onto my handlebar or helmet.

Now a days people like me are looking forward to use Led flashlights as bike lights. I'd used led flashlights for about 6 months and I really happy to use it.

Last edited by Slova on Sun May 12, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:44 am 
big hucker

I bought a couple less junky (but still cheap) flashlight mounts. A few nights ago I put one on the helmet and one on the bars and took it around the neighborhood. It worked out well and I had plenty of light. I didn't like the helmet mount. I may just make my own by putting a piece of foam between the flashlight and helmet and then using double sided velcro to tighten it down.