HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 am 
pussy

Massive brains needs big skulls covered with chubby faces in the front. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:01 pm 
yappin' kitty

An interim goal was reached this morning. 220.3 lbs = 99.9 kgs! Under 100kgs for the first time in probably 5 years. :dance:

Now, I think this is just a temporary low and some natural fluctuations might take me back over 100 for the next few days, but I'm pressing onward to my goal of 210 pounds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 pm 
yappin' kitty

Wheat free life is still ongoing. I think I have really adapted to the "primal" diet ideas and loving every minute of it. My weight has been slowly dropping but yet another road trip slowed the trajectory down a bit. I'm hopeful of reaching the 210 goal in a month.

Since looking into the gluten free stuff, I've found several pro cyclists as well as pro continental teams that are gluten free. I guess I have learned what they know--you can do just fine without wheat, I.e., no energy deficits.

Here is the progress to date. The trend line is a moving average of the trajectory. It is supposed to be a better estimate of the real weight and not as adversely affected by day to day variation. The blue dots are my summer road trips. Each were essentially 2400 miles and involved a lot of sitting on my butt and eating roadside crap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 am 
friendly kitty

Yeah. You CAN have complete nutrition without gluten.

You can also have complete nutrition as a vegetarian, doesn't make it a good idea for everyone.

You can really mess yourself up before you know it if you ARE cutting out too many complex carbs. I.e. - the first sign people notice is typically fibrous atrophy leading to a severe failure (torn/ruptured muscle/tendon/ligament/etc). Until that point, they assume they are just sore because they worked the muscle that day, when it's actually accumulating minor damage that is much worse than just the normal 'sore' indicator. But this is an EXTREME example.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 am 
pussy

My hope is beer has just the right amount of complex carbs! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:00 am 
yappin' kitty

axisofoil wrote:
Yeah. You CAN have complete nutrition without gluten.

You can also have complete nutrition as a vegetarian, doesn't make it a good idea for everyone.

You can really mess yourself up before you know it if you ARE cutting out too many complex carbs. I.e. - the first sign people notice is typically fibrous atrophy leading to a severe failure (torn/ruptured muscle/tendon/ligament/etc). Until that point, they assume they are just sore because they worked the muscle that day, when it's actually accumulating minor damage that is much worse than just the normal 'sore' indicator. But this is an EXTREME example.

That is a nice extreme example. :eek: I use myfitnesspal to track macronutrient composition for this reason.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 pm 
friendly kitty

Sti wrote:
My hope is beer has just the right amount of complex carbs! :thumbup:

I don't see why it wouldn't. :)

Heyyall wrote:
That is a nice extreme example. :eek: I use myfitnesspal to track macronutrient composition for this reason.

There ya go. Just keep up on it. It's one of the sneaky health issues you don't want to run into.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:39 am 
yappin' kitty

Here we are about a month after my last post. I'm down to 212 pounds and still feeling great. I have referred to this little experiment as a fascinating journey. What has proven to be more fascinating is the people I've run into that also do a complete wheat avoidance that don't openly share it. It seems to be almost taboo.

I spoke with a Celiac expert at work and he encouraged me to get tested. I was relieved to learn that I didn't have genetic mutation for Celiac disease. My relief is hard to explain--I suppose it is related to a choice being better than a mandate. He informed me that there was no need for gluten in our diet so if I was adapted, don't worry about it.