HK -The place for sore tacos

New members welcomed!
It is currently Mon May 17, 2021 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354 ... 356  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm 
flirting kitty

norton55 wrote:

That sort of thing actually happens more often than you guys hear about. Once in a while, the report makes the news and then the whole world knows. I'm telling you, the San Gabes are MEAN!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 pm 
flirting kitty

Agreed Ray, horrible wildflower season here this Spring. Lots of places look "dead". Just got back from the high desert and it looks like it's locked in the grip of Winter even though it was in the 80s with warm nights while we were there. I did catch a gorgeous Great Basins Gopher snake up there though. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments:
IMG_5943.JPG
IMG_5943.JPG [ 428.44 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]
IMG_5957.jpg
IMG_5957.jpg [ 526.54 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]
IMG_5951 (1).jpg
IMG_5951 (1).jpg [ 653.61 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]
IMG_5932.jpg
IMG_5932.jpg [ 602.49 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]
IMG_5928.jpg
IMG_5928.jpg [ 934.76 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:52 pm 
bikini loving kitty!

Nutty caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 am 
big hucker

Looks like a nice adventure Hawg.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 am 
Clown kitty

Hawg, choking the snake?.......... :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:37 am 
flirting kitty

norton55 wrote:

LOL. Wrong snake. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:44 am 
Clown kitty

Sure.......... :naughty:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 am 
timid kitty

Hawgzilla wrote:
norton55 wrote:

what snake?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:08 am 
flirting kitty

Mustela wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
norton55 wrote:

what snake?

Look up a few posts where i shared some pics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 am 
Clown kitty

Hawg is our resident snake handling expert, Mustela. I think he even goes to a church that does it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:15 pm 
timid kitty

Hawgzilla wrote:
Mustela wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
norton55 wrote:

what snake?

Look up a few posts where i shared some pics

*whoosh*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:10 pm 
flirting kitty

Finally back on the FEX! I met the guys this morning for a trek up the backside of Mt Lukens to reach the towers and it's stellar view of Greater Los Angeles. The climb up was pretty good but my riding less the past few weeks has taken it's toll on my endurance level to a degree. I took it easy coming back down. Wanted to avoid getting dusted by the guys ahead of me plus I just felt like cruisin'. We didn't see anyone at all on the way up and maybe one or two hikers on the way back down. It's getting quiet again in the San Gabes on weekdays, the way we like it to be! Ended up with 13.64 miles and 2333' gain.

RIDING VIDEO: https://vimeo.com/539282086

Attachments:
IMG_5968.jpg
IMG_5968.jpg [ 835.31 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]
IMG_5965.jpg
IMG_5965.jpg [ 792.89 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]

Last edited by Hawgzilla on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm 
Clown kitty

Nice view's........... 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:33 am 
big hucker

Love that downhill, you definitely earn it climbing up. Great vid Hawg, glad you’re back at filming and sharing here. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm 
Clown kitty

Yes, that's quite a bit of climbing there, H. Well done! :handgestures-thumbup:

EDIT: Just watched your video, H. Very nice cruising pace on the DH. Thatt gives me lots of time to take in the trail, and all the surrounding sights. That's my kind of decent right there. And that cloudless sky.....LA has certainly gotten the air cleared up !
Hey, just out of curiosity, which Puma claims that territory? I know they pay lots of attention to the Pumas, and cougars, up your way!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:37 pm 
big hucker

Ray Dolor wrote:

EDIT: Just watched your video, H. Very nice cruising pace on the DH. Thatt gives me lots of time to take in the trail, and all the surrounding sights. That's my kind of decent right there. And that cloudless sky.....LA has certainly gotten the air cleared up !
Hey, just out of curiosity, which Puma claims that territory? I know they pay lots of attention to the Pumas, and cougars, up your way!

Attachments:
37568AA6-65D5-4940-823C-68C1DDBF1952.jpeg
37568AA6-65D5-4940-823C-68C1DDBF1952.jpeg [ 193.65 KiB | Viewed 222 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 pm 
Clown kitty

DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:

LOL, DJ!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:06 pm 
flirting kitty

Ray Dolor wrote:

I'm not sure which lion species we have up here. I do know that it's not the Mexican species that has a taste for human flesh, though. That species goes as far North as Orange County, from what I'm told. It can stay the hell away from here forever, as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:52 pm 
timid kitty

Hawgzilla wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:
I'm not sure which lion species we have up here. I do know that it's not the Mexican species that has a taste for human flesh, though. That species goes as far North as Orange County, from what I'm told. It can stay the hell away from here forever, as far as I'm concerned.

that's not a separate species. might be a subspecies, but Puma concolor is such a wide-ranging species that there are bound to be some regional variations regardless of whether they qualify as a subspecies or not.

for that matter, the idea that some regional population alone "has a taste for human flesh" is more than just a little ludicrous. there are many other factors at play, and many of them far more important than which regional subpopulation a cat comes from.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:04 pm 
flirting kitty

Mustela wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:

that's not a separate species. might be a subspecies, but Puma concolor is such a wide-ranging species that there are bound to be some regional variations regardless of whether they qualify as a subspecies or not.

for that matter, the idea that some regional population alone "has a taste for human flesh" is more than just a little ludicrous. there are many other factors at play, and many of them far more important than which regional subpopulation a cat comes from.

There is a considerable gap between the mountain ranges within Orange County and Los Angeles. I feel that this gap is what keeps the sub-species at bay.

What I can say with certainty is that there has been more attacks on humans (and even some consumption) in recent times from the sub-species to the South of me than there has been up here. When a cat has been spotted anywhere around, it's well documented. Social media has been a true friend in this regard. I'm 100% positive that I've been watched many times by a cat as I rolled passed it's hiding place but for some reason, the cats up here are not known for thinking of humans as prey. But in Orange County and points South, watch out! I think I saw one once and I most certainly heard one growl on another occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:41 pm 
Clown kitty

I've heard that "P-51" will cross your "T's" and dot your "I's".................. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:11 am 
flirting kitty

norton55 wrote:
I've heard that "P-51" will cross your "T's" and dot your "I's".................. 8-)

I sure wouldn't want to be sliced up by that thing! :o

Attachments:
ap51qqy789.jpg
ap51qqy789.jpg [ 23.39 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:19 am 
timid kitty

Hawgzilla wrote:
There is a considerable gap between the mountain ranges within Orange County and Los Angeles. I feel that this gap is what keeps the sub-species at bay.

What I can say with certainty is that there has been more attacks on humans (and even some consumption) in recent times from the sub-species to the South of me than there has been up here. When a cat has been spotted anywhere around, it's well documented. Social media has been a true friend in this regard. I'm 100% positive that I've been watched many times by a cat as I rolled passed it's hiding place but for some reason, the cats up here are not known for thinking of humans as prey. But in Orange County and points South, watch out! I think I saw one once and I most certainly heard one growl on another occasion.

Highly doubtful it's even a subspecies, honestly. Just different subpopulations. They're not separated far enough, for long enough, for true speciation to occur.

Mtn lions essentially get habituated to thinking of people as food. It's a learning process that occurs when they're young. They do lots of watching and sizing up and they make a conscious decision that you look like a suitable meal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 am 
flirting kitty

Mustela wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:

Highly doubtful it's even a subspecies, honestly. Just different subpopulations. They're not separated far enough, for long enough, for true speciation to occur.

Mtn lions essentially get habituated to thinking of people as food. It's a learning process that occurs when they're young. They do lots of watching and sizing up and they make a conscious decision that you look like a suitable meal.

All I can say is that Los Angeles human flesh must not taste as good (to lions) as human flesh from points South. For that, I am thankful. Sorry Ray! :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 am 
Clown kitty

Hawgzilla wrote:
Mustela wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:

All I can say is that Los Angeles human flesh must not taste as good (to lions) as human flesh from points South. For that, I am thankful. Sorry Ray! :D

Don't have to apologize to me. I've become far too stringy and leathery to appeal to any cat!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:02 am 
Clown kitty

Ray, my chiropractor told me years ago, my joints were "gristle". I am now feeling the effects....... :x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:14 am 
big hucker

I don’t know what Hawg is babbling about with some kind of human flesh eating sub species. At first I thought he was joking, now I wish he was just for his sanity. ;)

While we are on the subject, this happened not too far from me this week.

Quite the large Tom and how lucky is she to have a pane of glass between them. It’s like your own private zoo out back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.com/n ... ulder/amp/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:08 pm 
flirting kitty

I did a little research on recent history mt lion attacks in California. There is reported attacks in Central and Northern Cali as well as Orange County to my South. Not much to report in my region though. Perhaps we Angelinos smell and taste bad to mt lions. I can live with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:11 pm 
bikini loving kitty!

Must not taste like chicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:11 pm 
big hucker

It’s only a matter of time with humans and cats crossing paths. If you look at all mountain Lion attacks the huge majority that end up attacking a human are young inexperienced cats. The older ones have figured out humans are not part of their diet. Young inexperienced cats followed by sick malnourished cats.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10667 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353, 354 ... 356  Next