HK -The place for sore tacos

New members welcomed!
It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Gone Fishin'
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am 
big hucker

Hilarious encounter and replys up there ^.

Looks like an awesome outing there Mr. Mook. I had an amazing nature experience about a week ago. I was up in Rocky Mountain National Park. I had several encounters of different species of big game all on he same side of the road within a 1/2 a mile of eachother

My first encounter was two Cow [female] Elk standing in the river feeding on branches. As I watched them I heard a Bull [male] Elk bugling off in the thick trees, I didn't see him, so I drove a little further up the road and there was a Cow [female] Moose and her calf in a pond feeding on under water plants. After awhile observing them I drove up aways and turned around passing the spot where the Moose were I then happened upon a Doe [female] deer and her twin fawns standing in the river. They spooked and ran up the hill and across the street. The only car coming luckily saw them and stopped. I then drove only another 100 yards and came across a big Bull [male] Elk right off the road. All these critters in a half a mile stretch on the same side of the road.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 am 
bikini loving kitty!

if it's anything like here the critters are hanging around people more and more. It's like they've learned they won't get shot around populated areas. Go deep into the woods and you don't see anything.

With all that you have going on I'd be too distracted to ride and spend more time taking pictures

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:55 pm 
big hucker

MiniTrail wrote:
if it's anything like here the critters are hanging around people more and more. It's like they've learned they won't get shot around populated areas. Go deep into the woods and you don't see anything.

With all that you have going on I'd be too distracted to ride and spend more time taking pictures

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_M ... ional_Park

There is some truth to this. Rocky Mountain National Park is 415 square miles without any visible boundaries. Guess where most of the big game run to during hunting season.

I knew a guy who's dad shot a record bull elk. He claimed he shot it outside the boundary line and it ran across the boundary into the park and died. A warden happened along and had him arrested. He couldn't prove it wasn't shot outside the park, no blood evidence to support it. He paid I think $10K. in fines and his hunting license revoked for life. This happened some 30 years ago but the Elk was so big and record size the Colorado Fish and Game had the head mounted and it's hanging somewhere prominent. I think it's in the Fish and Game facility in Denver. Not sure, and I have no way to contact my friend. He passed away several years ago.