HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
 Post subject: Re: Weird News
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 pm 
lil' hucker

Sorry, guys. I had just watched a documentary on Reich and it stirred memories about the orgone stuff back in the day. Yes, I do go back a ways.

As to surfing with dolphins, I experienced that on a couple occasions off of Sunset Cliffs and Point Loma.Once while surfing a piano and a second time while surfing my Scrambler, a sit-on-top kayak.

The best one by far was when a big swell was hitting the outer notch of the Tijuana river delta, about 3/4 mile out from the beach. I was just sitting there, waiting for the next set to roll in, with a few long boarders, when we all noticed a sea lion, skipping like a stone on the water, and it was coming right at us. We didn't have a clue, as to why it was swimming that way, but about 10 yards before it got to us, it dove. Then we saw it- the 3 foot dorsal fin, also coming right at us very fast. We didn't have time to paddle, before it too dove under us, which caused more than a few wetsuits to be shat in. That was quite a thrill.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:10 pm 
big hucker

Ray, great story. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:27 am 
lil' hucker

Thanks, Norton. I aim to please. I was one of those Nature Moments that I will never forget.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 am 
lil' hucker

Great story Ray. Coincidentally I used to ride stand up jet skis off Point Loma near the Lighthouse, having fun jumping the waves. And I also had a shark encounter out there. Launched off a wave and landed hard. Sank down almost touching the reef. Just as I was landing and then moving forward a submarine shaped beast swam right beneath me. Instant fear and now my concentration was staying upright and getting the hell out of there. Fastest 1 mile or so trip back to the launch ramp I ever made trying to stay upright through the huge swells. I knew it was a shark and it sure looked like a Great White, especially the shape. It was about a 6–7’er. I didn’t know until years later watching a Great White documentary that San Diego waters are a favorite breeding ground for Great Whites. The adults don’t stay long but only to give birth. The babies will hang in the area for a couple of years, usually 6’ long as youngsters. I’m pretty sure that’s what I saw. Yikes!

By the way one of the challenges out there on a stand up jet ski was not falling. If you did you had better have a death grip on the bars, the waves would take the ski directly into the jagged rock cliffs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:54 pm 
lil' hucker

DJ, numerous sightings of big Whiteys have been reported right by the mouth of SD bay. I've paddled down there from Sunset Cliffs dozens of times, but I've yet to spot one. Orcas actually EAT Whites. It's a no-contest between an Orca and any shark in the ocean. It's really a good thing for us that human meat is a big taboo to Orcas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:08 am 
lil' hucker

Ray Dolor wrote:
DJ, numerous sightings of big Whiteys have been reported right by the mouth of SD bay. I've paddled down there from Sunset Cliffs dozens of times, but I've yet to spot one. Orcas actually EAT Whites. It's a no-contest between an Orca and any shark in the ocean. It's really a good thing for us that human meat is a big taboo to Orcas.

And there was an attack in Solana Beach from a Great White that killed a guy back in 2008. Scares the crap out of me knowing my brother surfs almost daily at Swammis off Encinitas.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:10 pm 
lil' hucker

I’m amazed a cop didn’t intervene to stop this toddler from being subjected to this.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news ... 45915.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 pm 
big hucker

Like father, like daughter. Where the hell is the child seat?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30