HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Must be Tuesday!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:09 am 
yappin' kitty

Hello boys and girls! I just figured it is Tuesday, so I should maybe let my pals know how things are going in my little corner of the Universe :) It has been a while since I have dived into the forums here or over at empty beer and apparently some were wondering where I was at. Well, as we approach Thanksgiving, even tho I do not really celebrate as a Brit, I thought I had a lot to be thankful for.
One of the main reasons for me not being too active is that I have been having health issues. Several months ago I started having some weird symptoms and went for a full makeover at the sawbones. I had all the tests, and a few more, and eventually wound up at the oncologist, which was a little sobering, and was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer that is at this time incurable. It can however be controlled with daily chemo drugs to keep my blood counts out of the danger zone, so that is what I have been doing over the summer. Happily, my counts are now stable, and I am out of immediate danger. Now it is just a waiting game in the hope it takes a while to develop further, and I plan on taking advantage of this reprieve, even tho I am on chemo for the rest of my life. The effect of all this is that I do get fatigued easily, and my riding is affected a lot because of it. I can still make it to the top of my favorite trails here, but it takes a bit longer! And I cannot do it as often as I would like... I also have to be very careful about the sunshine, as I am now extremely susceptible to melanoma. I already had one carved out of my back, and with the illness I have, the incision took 4 months to heal! When I ride now I put on all kinds of pads and long sleeves, and do my best not to get injured. The benefits outweigh the risk I believe!
The reasons I have to be thankful are many. This diagnosis could have been so much worse, and some of my close friends have been suffering lately with much worse versions of this shitty disease. This year I have lost a few good friends, but at least I have been able to relate a little better because of my illness and be able to talk to them and perhaps give them a little comfort. I am grateful for that. I am also thankful I am able to take this one day at a time, and savor each day as I live it with as much presence and awareness as I can. Life is so rich when we do not rush thru it in anxiety and panic.
I still have to work full on, altho happily a lot of that is from my home, because the need to earn a crust is great. My wife cannot work as she has a serious biotoxin illness that is not covered on any insurance, so the bills never cease to pile up, but thankfully I am still able to do this, and have a job that permits me to earn well and keep things running.
I will not be too active in the forums, but will check in now and then, and I will continue to ride and enjoy the AZ chunk for as long as I am able :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Post subject: Re: Must be Tuesday!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:44 pm 
big hucker

Rocker, welcome back and thanks for the update. Wish you well on your journey and have a happy holiday season. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:27 pm 
bad kitty!

Great to hear from you.
Happy to hear that you're still enjoying life.

Thanks!

Magura :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 pm 
friendly kitty

Great to hear you are keeping it together!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:25 am 
flirting kitty

Sorry to hear this, mate.

Keep fighting the good fight!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:30 am 
pussy

Good hearing from you, Rocker! My father in law is suffering from multiple myeloma, he is getting medication and undergoes chemo once in a time but otherwise it does not seem to be affected much. They put him on some experimental research treatment that seemed to have worked well so they are cutting back his meds. There is hope that whatever is ailing you will be under control in a not too distant future!

Ride on and don't be a stranger! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:39 pm 
yappin' kitty

Rockerc, Thanks for checking in to let us know. Hard to hear of others going through setbacks, yet very encouraging to learn they're giving it they're best.
Ride on Josephine baby ride on..
Happy Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:20 pm 
big hucker

RC, you've been missed. Now we know why the hasty retreat. I’m so saddened by your diagnosis but grateful you are positive and are facing it head on. Don’t be a stranger and best wishes to you and your wife. Rubber side down and keep on trucking.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:24 pm 
lil' hucker

Health and wellness wishes to you sir

And the time to enjoy them

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:12 pm 
lil' hucker

I've been gone for a couple weeks, Rocker, but it was good to see yer handle on the forum page.
Good luck to you and your wife. Your situation hits pretty close to home here.
Keep riding, but do not take any risks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 am 
lil' hucker

Rocker, I just can't help but think of you and your missus. Me and mine are almost the same boat. Nobody signed up for this, but it's the hand we been dealt, so somehow we gotta make the best of it.
I hope that's what you and the missus are doing, Rocker. I really do. Birds like us gotta stick together.
Steve (aka Ray)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:14 am 
yappin' kitty

Well, seems I got the big ban hammer over at eMpTyBeeR! Apparently there's a rule that you cannot post screenshots of the Mod pages!!! Their mistake that I had access there, but they got their little knicks in a twist that I divulged their 'secrets'! How petty and lacking in guile. Not sure I particularly want to return any more to be honest. It's a bit of a kiddies playground now.

Attachment:
Ban screen.jpg
Ban screen.jpg [ 280.55 KiB | Viewed 918 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:17 am 
yappin' kitty

And, an update on my health... Just had a grueling 2 months of world travel and long weeks of work, followed by a return home and a camping trip to high elevation in NM. Seems I must have overdone things a bit, because for the last 3 days I have been laid out and completely unable to function. This disease is definitely taking its toll! Hopefully I will get back in the saddle soon, but it's tough!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:53 am 
big hucker

I followed that thread last night. Holy shit, what a train wreck. The day before it took 3 mods to close a thread. :lol: Sorry to hear about the ban, but it's nice to see you post here again. Take it easy and take a break. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:27 am 
flirting kitty

Sorry to hear that you are down right now RC but I think you'll snap back. 8-)

That thread you got hanged for was just about to get good, too.

I go to eMpTyBeeR specifically to troll anymore. What a shithole that place is. It's sliding down the sewer pipe deeper and deeper by the month.

And, warm beer (cellar temp) is too warm for me. Beer, except for the super dark thick stuff you can stand a spoon up in, should be served ice cold! :lol:

Anyway, welcome back. Can you help us find Sti and Mookie?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:22 am 
lil' hucker

Rockerc wrote:
And, an update on my health... Just had a grueling 2 months of world travel and long weeks of work, followed by a return home and a camping trip to high elevation in NM. Seems I must have overdone things a bit, because for the last 3 days I have been laid out and completely unable to function. This disease is definitely taking its toll! Hopefully I will get back in the saddle soon, but it's tough!

Hang in there, rocker. The worst is yet to come for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:24 am 
lil' hucker

Rockerc wrote:
Well, seems I got the big ban hammer over at eMpTyBeeR! Apparently there's a rule that you cannot post screenshots of the Mod pages!!! Their mistake that I had access there, but they got their little knicks in a twist that I divulged their 'secrets'! How petty and lacking in guile. Not sure I particularly want to return any more to be honest. It's a bit of a kiddies playground now.

Attachment:
Ban screen.jpg

Something like that is how I got permanent-banned. Fuck 'em if they can't take a little heat. Anyways, you and I both got bigger fish to fry than those piss-ants.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:57 am 
yappin' kitty

Ray Dolor wrote:
Rockerc wrote:

Attachment:
Ban screen.jpg

Something like that is how I got permanent-banned. Fuck 'em if they can't take a little heat. Anyways, you and I both got bigger fish to fry than those piss-ants.

Ain't that the truth Ray! I hope you are doing OK, or as OK as can be old chap. You said earlier that the worst is still to come. I prefer to look at it as something very different than what we are used to is coming down the pipe, and I can find something quite exhilarating about that. Nothing is in front of us that we cannot handle! Hang in there... try to find wonder in all of this experience, because there is wonder to be found. It's a bit like riding down a steep, rocky trail we are unfamiliar with; if we can let go and go with it, it will always be a vibrant experience, with an ending when we shall take a breath and go "Fukk me! That was cool!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:48 pm 
big hucker

Ray, Rocker..........you guys are in my thoughts. Wishing you both a speedy recovery. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 pm 
lil' hucker

Rockerc wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:
Rockerc wrote:

Attachment:
Ban screen.jpg

Ain't that the truth Ray! I hope you are doing OK, or as OK as can be old chap. You said earlier that the worst is still to come. I prefer to look at it as something very different than what we are used to is coming down the pipe, and I can find something quite exhilarating about that. Nothing is in front of us that we cannot handle! Hang in there... try to find wonder in all of this experience, because there is wonder to be found. It's a bit like riding down a steep, rocky trail we are unfamiliar with; if we can let go and go with it, it will always be a vibrant experience, with an ending when we shall take a breath and go "Fukk me! That was cool!"

Thank you for that, rocker. You're a role model for me in all this.
And thanks, Norton, for the well-wishes. Things like this mean a lot to me these days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:19 pm 
big hucker

norton55 wrote:
I followed that thread last night. Holy shit, what a train wreck. The day before it took 3 mods to close a thread. :lol: Sorry to hear about the ban, but it's nice to see you post here again. Take it easy and take a break. 8-)

Exactly!

RC, screw the one and only power tripping mod there for 3 years now.

I’m not going to name names, but.....

Pretty sure most of you know who.

Take it easy and push that site out of your mind, it’s not worth the heartache it projects.

Good to hear you’re still out there kicking ass on the trails. Get a grip of what mtb’ing / biking in general is all about. Out enjoying Gods gift of nature to us. When it comes down to it in my mind that’s all that really matters.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 am 
flirting kitty

Oh well, we've lost RC again. They unbanded him and he went straight back over there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 am 
bad kitty!

:doh: :laughing-rolling:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 am 
big hucker

Oh well........ 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:36 am 
big hucker

Well it’s not like it’s the first time.

He would climb any mountain
Sail across the stormy sea
If that's what it takes him baby
To show how much that site means to me

I know I can't help myself
You're all in the world to me
It feels like the first time
Feels like the very first time
It feels like the first time
It feels like the very first time

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:52 pm 
big hucker

That made me get all teary-eyed.......... :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:56 pm 
lil' hucker

Not to worry........He'll be back.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:17 pm 
yappin' kitty

Don't be silly! I am still here! Just been off on some fact finding... see me in the Box :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:41 pm 
big hucker

You're doing a great job. There'll be a little extra something, in your pay check next week. ;) 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 pm 
flirting kitty

Rockerc wrote:
Don't be silly! I am still here! Just been off on some fact finding... see me in the Box :)

I was thinking that it was Klure, Jr that threw the cuffs on you, but it wasn't! :o