HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 289  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 am 
flirting kitty

Kronk wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
The rain damage on Verdugo Mountain is unlike anything I have ever seen there before. This is Hostetter fire road (La Tuna Canyon).

14.59 miles
2382' gain
1203 calories

The grey rock in the washed out section on the left side looks to have an interestingly round raised spot on it. Or am I seeing things?

Interesting. I'm sure it's just Mother Nature playing tricks on our eyes and not a doorway to the 7th dimension.

BIG TIME rain returning tonight. :(

How was it up there today norton?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 am 
big hucker

Epic. 6.5 plus inches since last night. Another 3-5 inches tomorrow. The Russian River is predicted to crest 7 feet above flood stage late tomorrow night or early Friday morning.
Looks like you're going to get slammed tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm 
big hucker

Yikes! Batten down the hatches boys. ^

So today is the press release of the lion attack with the victim finally speaking out. I can’t find anything on what time this live event is happening.

I do have an update though. They captured two juveniles in the same area thought to be the siblings of the one that attacked. After the capture sending them to a wildlife rehabilitation facility in hopes of releasing them back into the wild. Makes zero sense to me. Either leave them alone as they have not done anything wrong towards humans. Or if they feel they need to take precautionary steps to avoid another human cat conflict, capture and release as far away as soon as possible. The less human contact the better, in my opinion.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/02/13/colorado-man-killed-mountain-lion-horsetooth-mountain-open-space-reopens-open-again/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:12 pm 
flirting kitty

I've got some degree of the flu today, my temp has been 101.0 since last night.

The big rain missed us. There was a defined line in the "atmospheric river" and it was below my location, just barely. Orange County and San Digo got hammered, though. I'd still say that we got a 3+ inches, maybe more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 pm 
lil' hucker

Yeah, we got the rain, alright. It looks like we get a 2-3 day break, and then more.
The cold temps yielded to low 60's with the rain, so there's that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:02 pm 
pussy

Great pics Hawg, keep'em coming!

Our weather sucks. Snow, rain, re-freeze, thaw, slush... more rain tomorrow. :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 am 
big hucker

Bummer about your sickness Hawg.

Another nice shot Sti.

Mountain Lion update: Finally he speaks, a very personable guy and there’s no doubt in my mind after watching him speak. It happened just as he said it did.

Be sure to watch the live interview after the video they show in the press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XCVQGWbQao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:16 am 
lil' hucker

I hope this brings you some much-needed closure, DJ. That 40 lb. cub really got what it deserved.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:20 am 
big hucker

:lol: :laughing-rolling:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:32 am 
big hucker

Ray Dolor wrote:
I hope this brings you some much-needed closure, DJ. That 40 lb. cub really got what it deserved.

80lbs of mean.

Your average house cat 10lbs. Yikes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am 
lil' hucker

How do you skim a video?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm 
big hucker

MiniTrail wrote:
How do you skim a video?

What are you referring to?

Edit: Never mind I see now that the cat weight has now been downsized to 35-45lbs. It’s a damn cub. Just as I suspected all along. Sorry I didn’t hear that in the video if it was in there. Watched it late last night on my cell phone in a crowded noisy work break room.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:43 pm 
lil' hucker

DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
How do you skim a video?

Edit: Never mind I see now that the cat weight has now been downsized to 35-45lbs. It’s a damn cub. Just as I suspected all along. Sorry I didn’t hear that in the video if it was in there. Watched it late last night on my cell phone in a crowded noisy work break room.

C'mon DJ, 'fess up! You were bettin' on 80! God, I wish we'd made a bet on this! A cub! He stepped on it! Look at the dude. He's skin and bone, and I've had scratches bigger than that from a house cat.......Sorry it didn't work out for ya, but we still love ya DJ! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:15 pm 
big hucker

Ray Dolor wrote:
DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
How do you skim a video?

C'mon DJ, 'fess up! You were bettin' on 80! God, I wish we'd made a bet on this! A cub! He stepped on it! Look at the dude. He's skin and bone, and I've had scratches bigger than that from a house cat.......Sorry it didn't work out for ya, but we still love ya DJ! :mrgreen:

I suspected it as being a cub all along. That’s why I kept posting the photo of the dead 80lb cat. No mere moral could choke a cat that size, much less that dude. The reporting of this story has been atrocious. I suspect the Fish and Game tried to do a cover up on the size of the cat to prevent embarrassment for the victim, just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:48 pm 
big hucker

Do you know what we call Fish and Game out here?

The bird and bunny patrol.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 pm 
flirting kitty

This whole mountain lion story stinks to high hell. And the "true" details that keep slipping out little by little only stink it up even more.

I still doubt that even Hulk Hogan could strangle a healthy 35-40 mountain lion "cub". Hell, I doubt a normal man could strangle a house cat. These animals are able to turn and move in ways we cannot comprehend.

Furthermore, I doubt a 35-40 pound mountain lion "cub" (sick or healthy) would even consider attacking an adult man.

The bullshit is so thick in this claim, that I can scrape it off my computer screen...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:18 pm 
lil' hucker

Norton, it's now Fish&Wildlife. Vastly increased scope of power.
Hawg, the guy didn't choke the cub in any way that you might imagine, he stepped on it's neck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:21 pm 
lil' hucker

I hope the fever broke, Hawg.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:02 pm 
flirting kitty

Ray Dolor wrote:
Hawg, the guy didn't choke the cub in any way that you might imagine, he stepped on it's neck.

I can't imagine how a human could pin a mountain lion down and step on it's neck.

My fever has broke but I still feel terrible. Headache, slight chills, slight nausea, blurred vision, lack of appetite, the squirts, achy body, and low energy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:41 am 
big hucker

It’s a cub. And furthermore they captured two of its siblings last weekend. That was almost a week ago. They claimed the cat that attacked was scavenged by the time [2 hours] that they found it. So in this last week they’ve had the two siblings in captivity. Pretty easy to determine the attack cats weight by its siblings. For this whole past week the public was led to believe the cat weighed 80lbs. I smell a cover up of the cats weight all this time by Fish and Game. Whether it be to protect the victim from embarrassment or to avoid animal activists from getting all weirded out.

Not just that but the two siblings were caught and no mother. These cats are not old enough to have been weaned yet. It’s obvious these cats were orphaned and out too early on their own trying to thrive. None of this has been brought up. The dead cat even had vegetation on its gut. Not knowing what to eat being so inexperienced.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:09 am 
lil' hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:

I can't imagine how a human could pin a mountain lion down and step on it's neck.

My fever has broke but I still feel terrible. Headache, slight chills, slight nausea, blurred vision, lack of appetite, the squirts, achy body, and low energy.

Dude, it was NOT a mountain lion, it was a CUB. You can kick a cub 30 feet down the trail. I bet I could smack that kitten twice, with my open hand, and knock it out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 am 
lil' hucker

DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
It’s a cub. And furthermore they captured two of its siblings last weekend. That was almost a week ago. They claimed the cat that attacked was scavenged by the time [2 hours] that they found it. So in this last week they’ve had the two siblings in captivity. Pretty easy to determine the attack cats weight by its siblings. For this whole past week the public was led to believe the cat weighed 80lbs. I smell a cover up of the cats weight all this time by Fish and Game. Whether it be to protect the victim from embarrassment or to avoid animal activists from getting all weirded out.

Not just that but the two siblings were caught and no mother. These cats are not old enough to have been weaned yet. It’s obvious these cats were orphaned and out too early on their own trying to thrive. None of this has been brought up. The dead cat even had vegetation on its gut. Not knowing what to eat being so inexperienced.

Right here in east SD county, we have one of the nations' premier sanctuary, Lions, Tigers, and Bears. I bet they could take really good care of those cubs. They need a mama, not another territory where they will likely be killed in short order by that place's alpha male.
They are too young to survive the winter. This is a goddam fluster cluck.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:50 pm 
flirting kitty

I guess I have too much respect for the mountain lion. I have always though of it as the top predator of North America but in reality, the top predator is man.

So, I will no longer fear these flimsy felines. I want a 200 pounder to jump me. I will show it who the top predator of the mountain is on that particular day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:51 pm 
big hucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kr24G8jQpM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:00 pm 
lil' hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
I guess I have too much respect for the mountain lion. I have always though of it as the top predator of North America but in reality, the top predator is man.

So, I will no longer fear these flimsy felines. I want a 200 pounder to jump me. I will show it who the top predator of the mountain is on that particular day.

Please don't. I like those big kitties, even though I would not want to be hucked by one. Plus, yer a prolific poster here, and I wouldn't want HK to lose you!

\Did any of you guys see the pic from a few years ago of the cat hit by a truck on the two lane highway heading south from prescott? It was an old male, probably going deaf, but it weighed in at 230 lb.s, even in its' somewhat emaciated state. AZ G&F estimated its' weight at it's peak at or near 300#. It's front paw was bigger that the taxidermists' head. It's head was huge, like an African lion, almost.
They grow 'em big in N. AZ. Them Elk are hard to bring down!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:59 pm 
pussy

I wish our cougars jumped me once/twice a year but I would prefer them in the 150lbs territory. :lol:

One from today's ride. Lumpy ice turning into slush in the sun. 4" of snow tomorrow, gonna be good for a day or two again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:08 pm 
flirting kitty

Looks cold Sti! Thanks for keeping me rolling during my down period. I am on the mend though. Today is the first day that I feel half way normal again.

What camera (exactly) are you taking your pics with? They are always super clear images.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 pm 
big hucker

Another nice photo Sti. I'm curious as well about the camera . 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:41 pm 
flirting kitty

Odd weather forecast here. It's been bluebird skies this morning and in about an hour or two, some nasty cells are going to be rolling through for the remainder of the afternoon. It just doesn't look like rain is coming right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:14 pm 
flirting kitty

Optimus and I are discussing ride details for my visit to Tucson in late March/early April. :dance:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8653 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 289  Next