HK -The place for sore tacos

New members welcomed!
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 317  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:05 pm 
big hucker

Thanks for sharing your ride. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:44 pm 
flirting kitty

norton55 wrote:
Thanks for sharing your ride. :lol:

Oh, you liked the "I'm just trying to stay alive" part?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:46 pm 
big hucker

I could see a couple of "pucker" sections........... 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:18 pm 
lil' hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
Palm Canyon Epic today! There was 5 of us in our group. Perfect temps in the 70s. This is the second hardest ride I've done. Great views of the Coachella Valley as we descended. Pics do it no justice. 24.32 miles, 1558' gain (felt twice that). No crashes, no blood, no mechanicals.

Here's a section of exposure video:

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/511606/

That's quite a ride you had, Mr. H.
I've never been out there for some reason.
Glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:41 am 
bikini loving kitty!

Reminded me of my Letchworth rides only no trees blocking the views

I’d like me some

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:19 am 
flirting kitty

Cherry Canyon this afternoon in absolutely perfect weather. The hills are greening up nicely and I am starting to see signs of Spring knocking on the door here.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/511727/

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/511728/

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/511729/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:14 am 
bikini loving kitty!

Afternoon delight by snake charmer will draw attention from HR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:18 am 
bikini loving kitty!

What mount do you use?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:39 pm 
flirting kitty

MiniTrail wrote:
What mount do you use?

It's Gopro's own handlebar mount. I like the POV to be a little bit lower than what the chest mount offers. These damned modern camera's recordings are so smooth (built in Gimabal) that they actually take a away from the harshness of a given ride. Therefore, I like to have the front tire in the scene so that you can see the suspension working which enhances the experience, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:32 pm 
bikini loving kitty!

I just knew it wasn’t helmet or chest but was indeed puzzled by how smooth it was. Time for me to upgrade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:11 pm 
flirting kitty

MiniTrail wrote:
I just knew it wasn’t helmet or chest but was indeed puzzled by how smooth it was. Time for me to upgrade

I have the Gopro 7 BLACK. It was the top of the line until the Gopro 8 just came out. It's as good as any video camera for this purpose ever needs to be. The good news is, you can likely buy a brand new 7 BLACK (the other Gopro 7 models are not nearly as good) for a discounted price since the Gopro 8 has been released.

The images would be crystal clear if I had the time and patience to use a video editor app before I uploaded it to PB but I just don't care that much. I am recording in 1440P at 60FPS (it can record in an even higher quality setting). It's INCREDIBLE to watch when it's hooked up to a quality system straight off the memory card.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:06 pm 
bikini loving kitty!

I hate video as a rule. Never happy with results and don’t like working for good result. Simple pic of the bike in a representative spot during the ride does it for me. Most of the video I’ve ever done winds up being deleted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:40 am 
lil' hucker

Are those trails close to your house, Mr. H?
I like the videos without any music score; the sound of rolling tires on buff trails, and the wind coming and going, are music enough for me. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:06 am 
flirting kitty

Ray Dolor wrote:
I like the videos without any music score; the sound of rolling tires on buff trails, and the wind coming and going, are music enough for me. ;)

Yes Ray, that's a sampling of Cherry Canyon. It's a 3 mile pavement pedal over to it from home base. Just enough spinning to get my body warmed up before the fun begins.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:25 am 
big hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
What mount do you use?

It's Gopro's own handlebar mount. I like the POV to be a little bit lower than what the chest mount offers. These damned modern camera's recordings are so smooth (built in Gimabal) that they actually take a away from the harshness of a given ride. Therefore, I like to have the front tire in the scene so that you can see the suspension working which enhances the experience, IMO.

Nice! I don’t want to sound like a dick. Ahh screw it, here it goes, I seem to recall a few years ago some complaining coming from you of my videos being that I’ve always liked the handlebar mount with the front tire in it. Granted mine are with an older GoPro Silver without Gimabal and les stable. You still tried pushing me to a helmet or chest mount.

Helmet Mount certainly wouldn’t work for me. My head is constantly working the terrain around me for critter sightings. And the chest mount in my opinion doesn’t add enough excitement. The handlebar mount puts the view right in the action.

Your new camera is smooooooth. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:44 am 
lil' hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:

Yes Ray, that's a sampling of Cherry Canyon. It's a 3 mile pavement pedal over to it from home base. Just enough spinning to get my body warmed up before the fun begins.

Man, that is friggin' awesome! Yer a lucky guy in that respect, Mr. H.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:57 am 
flirting kitty

Ray Dolor wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Ray Dolor wrote:

Man, that is friggin' awesome! Yer a lucky guy in that respect, Mr. H.

I certainly am, Ray. I've got that or Verdugo Mountain which is even closer. Or, I can pedal over to the San Gabriels front range. I'm sort centered among the great riding areas of Greater Los Angeles and beyond. Life is good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 am 
flirting kitty

DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
What mount do you use?

Nice! I don’t want to sound like a dick. Ahh screw it, here it goes, I seem to recall a few years ago some complaining coming from you of my videos being that I’ve always liked the handlebar mount with the front tire in it. Granted mine are with an older GoPro Silver without Gimabal and les stable. You still tried pushing me to a helmet or chest mount.

Helmet Mount certainly wouldn’t work for me. My head is constantly working the terrain around me for critter sightings. And the chest mount in my opinion doesn’t add enough excitement. The handlebar mount puts the view right in the action.

I tried to push you away from a handlebar mount? Really? I've tried all positions and none compare to the handlebar mount as far as being close, but not to close, high but not too high, and the best sense of actual speed without feeling like I'm riding a moto (overly fast). I doubt it was me that said this to you. I support handlebar mount position first, and foremost. Have so for years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:16 am 
big hucker

Hawgzilla wrote:
DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
What mount do you use?

I tried to push you away from a handlebar mount? Really? I've tried all positions and none compare to the handlebar mount as far as being close, but not to close, high but not too high, and the best sense of actual speed without feeling like I'm riding a moto (overly fast). I doubt it was me that said this to you. I support handlebar mount position first, and foremost. Have so for years.

Are you saying my memory is fading? Have you ever heard of the memory an elephant has?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am 
bad kitty!

Hmm, sounds a lot like when I have to convince somebody, that I recall things correct.
My rationale is usually like this:

They all call me the elephant in town, and it has to be due to my memory, cause it's only a small number of them that has seen my genitials.

Magura :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:01 am 
bikini loving kitty!

This thread is all over the place :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:53 pm 
flirting kitty

DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
MiniTrail wrote:
What mount do you use?

Are you saying my memory is fading? Have you ever heard of the memory an elephant has?

I'm sorry, but have we met? I don't recall ever seeing your user name anywhere before???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:54 pm 
flirting kitty

OK, back on topic. The boyz are putting together a return assault on the PCE for Saturday, the 22nd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:53 pm 
big hucker

Love to join you guys. Some day........ :thinking:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm 
lil' hucker

I'd love to do that, but I work Saturdays. More importantly, I'm in the worst riding shape I've been in for 25 years.....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:33 pm 
bikini loving kitty!

First decent sled trail ride this year. Conditions were as good as it gets. Got out early while the slednecks slept it off, temps within a few degrees of freezing, no wind and high humidity. 40s next weekend...

Attachment:
EADA2194-DD30-4DB6-A935-8728EDD4C1AB.jpeg
EADA2194-DD30-4DB6-A935-8728EDD4C1AB.jpeg [ 539.97 KiB | Viewed 2237 times ]

Attachment:
78EC523B-2724-4012-B0CF-01D2BF72A2EE.jpeg
78EC523B-2724-4012-B0CF-01D2BF72A2EE.jpeg [ 253.46 KiB | Viewed 2237 times ]

Attachment:
ABD45399-BB01-446E-99EC-BAF7014A8599.jpeg
ABD45399-BB01-446E-99EC-BAF7014A8599.jpeg [ 599.2 KiB | Viewed 2237 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:46 pm 
big hucker

Nice........looks "frosty". 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:14 am 
big hucker

MiniTrail wrote:
First decent sled trail ride this year. Conditions were as good as it gets. Got out early while the slednecks slept it off, temps within a few degrees of freezing, no wind and high humidity. 40s next weekend...

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Are those Jones H-Bars?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:54 am 
flirting kitty

MiniTrail wrote:

Attachment:

Attachment:

Attachment:

BRRRR! :o

Thanks for sharing!

I snuck out for a quickie this morning before work and it was blue skies and green hills for as far as the eye could see.

We have officially moved back into a low level drought here in Cali. Hopefully, March has some madness to it. :pray:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:08 am 
bikini loving kitty!

TY Norton. After a few days in single digits it felt balmy :lol:

Yes DJ. Never liked the looks of them but they are a huge help for old wrists in the cold. Most definitely give comfort where I need it. Feels like I’m riding an old Indian moto

Hawg we’ll have very little of the blue sky you speak of for a couple months yet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297 ... 317  Next