HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
OK, it's a fact, we're impressed!

Magura :D

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
I like the SunRace 11-40T a lot. But I like the e13 9-42T 10sp cassette even better. :D

Image

The new SRAM 10-50T cassettes, on the other hand, sound just plain wrong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
friendly kitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:52 pm
Posts: 373
^^Show off! :P

I've heard that Shimano will be offering a ~$50 10-42 in the near future.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Wedge wrote:
^^Show off! :P

I've heard that Shimano will be offering a ~$50 10-42 in the near future.


:P

That means a new hub standard, we shall see soon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
Sti wrote:
I like the SunRace 11-40T a lot. But I like the e13 9-42T 10sp cassette even better. :D

Image

The new SRAM 10-50T cassettes, on the other hand, sound just plain wrong.


Aren't those kind of pricey? I do appreciate the higher high gear though. Supplies better top end pedaling speed. You have to use an XD driver with that cassette, yes?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:12 am 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Hawgzilla wrote:
Aren't those kind of pricey? I do appreciate the higher high gear though. Supplies better top end pedaling speed. You have to use an XD driver with that cassette, yes?


Yep. Compared to Shimano freehub body + SunRace, the XD driver + e13 is significantly lighter. I found the cassette for around $150 shipped a while ago so I bought two. :whistle: If you seek bang for buck and longevity then it probably isn't a product for you, but I knew what I was getting myself into and have been happy so far. I am rotating 3 (or 4) XX1 11sp chains with the drive train so I hope it is going to last me a while.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:45 am 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
Sti wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Aren't those kind of pricey? I do appreciate the higher high gear though. Supplies better top end pedaling speed. You have to use an XD driver with that cassette, yes?


Yep. Compared to Shimano freehub body + SunRace, the XD driver + e13 is significantly lighter. I found the cassette for around $150 shipped a while ago so I bought two. :whistle: If you seek bang for buck and longevity then it probably isn't a product for you, but I knew what I was getting myself into and have been happy so far. I am rotating 3 (or 4) XX1 11sp chains with the drive train so I hope it is going to last me a while.


Ah, so you have one of those ten thousand dollar bikes I keep hearing about? The bike alone may not be worth that much, but all the rotating bits and pieces that are included in the package bring up to that value. ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
:laughing-rolling:

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Hawgzilla wrote:
Ah, so you have one of those ten thousand dollar bikes I keep hearing about? The bike alone may not be worth that much, but all the rotating bits and pieces that are included in the package bring up to that value. ;)


:thinking: Ummm :whistle:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
yappin' kitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm
Posts: 516
Location: NoVA
Sti wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Aren't those kind of pricey? I do appreciate the higher high gear though. Supplies better top end pedaling speed. You have to use an XD driver with that cassette, yes?


Yep. Compared to Shimano freehub body + SunRace, the XD driver + e13 is significantly lighter. I found the cassette for around $150 shipped a while ago so I bought two. :whistle: If you seek bang for buck and longevity then it probably isn't a product for you, but I knew what I was getting myself into and have been happy so far. I am rotating 3 (or 4) XX1 11sp chains with the drive train so I hope it is going to last me a while.


Sti, thanks for this. Was wondering how riders are getting longevity out of these wide ratio 1 x cassettes. Drivelines (chains, cogs, chainrings) wear in together.
IME Unless changed often the smaller cogs will start to skip, and act erratic.
Moving to the land of flat, I kept killing the cassette's 23-21-17 cogs. This is how, and why I now mostly ride SS. Chains are cheap, drivelines are $$$. :geek:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Yep. I just bought an XX1 chain for $25, too (on amazon).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:14 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
Brown Santa just brought me this.
I think the price is in Deutschmark :mrgreen:

Magura :D


Attachments:
IMG-20180314-WA0014.jpeg
IMG-20180314-WA0014.jpeg [ 907.98 KiB | Viewed 1053 times ]

_________________
DIY all the way
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
Tired of getting beat up so I'm moving away from alloy.

I'm moving on to steel, because steel is real.

Stay tuned, details to come...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:24 am 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Magura wrote:
Brown Santa just brought me this.
I think the price is in Deutschmark :mrgreen:

Magura :D


Freizeitspass! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
Hawgzilla wrote:
Tired of getting beat up so I'm moving away from alloy.

I'm moving on to steel, because steel is real.

Stay tuned, details to come...



Still waiting......

Magura :D

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
Magura wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Tired of getting beat up so I'm moving away from alloy.

I'm moving on to steel, because steel is real.

Stay tuned, details to come...



Still waiting......

Magura :D


OK, here's a tid-bit, but this is not the color I chose.


Attachments:
VHB.jpg
VHB.jpg [ 17.87 KiB | Viewed 449 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
:o

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
yappin' kitty
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 pm
Posts: 516
Location: NoVA
Hawgzilla wrote:
Magura wrote:
Hawgzilla wrote:
Tired of getting beat up so I'm moving away from alloy.

I'm moving on to steel, because steel is real.

Stay tuned, details to come...



Still waiting......

Magura :D


Suhweeeeeet!!

My $0.02 - You're gonna fall in love again. :dance:

OK, here's a tid-bit, but this is not the color I chose.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:07 am 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
It arrived today.

Here's what it looks like in the dark... :whistle:


Attachments:
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG [ 57.73 KiB | Viewed 420 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 am 
Offline
big hucker

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 2760
Location: Cazadero Ca.
Looks like miles of smiles......... 8-)

_________________
"Take a giant step, outside your mind" Taj Mahal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
norton55 wrote:
Looks like miles of smiles......... 8-)


;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
Well, it's fairly dark at your place.....


Magura :D

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
lil' hucker
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am
Posts: 2081
Location: Front Range Colorado
Seeing how Hawg tends to name all of his bikes. I took the liberty to name this one for him.

It shall be named:

”The Green Flash”.

As he rides off into the sunset. :dance:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:10 pm 
Offline
big hucker

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:10 pm
Posts: 2760
Location: Cazadero Ca.
The song "Tumblin' Tumbleweeds" comes to mind. :D

_________________
"Take a giant step, outside your mind" Taj Mahal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Seeing how Hawg tends to name all of his bikes. I took the liberty to name this one for him.

It shall be named:

”The Green Flash”.

As he rides off into the sunset. :dance:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash


"Spooky" is a strong contender at this point...

My cousin says I should make sure to dress as a ghost (white sheet) and ride around town on Halloween with it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
lil' hucker
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am
Posts: 2081
Location: Front Range Colorado
Does it really glow in the dark? Or is it just a bright flouresant green?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 pm 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
DIRTJUNKIE wrote:
Does it really glow in the dark? Or is it just a bright flouresant green?


It's bright white under the sun and glowing green in the dark.

Like this...


Attachments:
WVJ.jpg
WVJ.jpg [ 134.05 KiB | Viewed 362 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2706
That is one real nice bike!
Love the glow in the dark paint, that's a neat idea.

How heavy did it turn out?

Magura :)

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:26 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 4007
Nice bike! Fancy cranks! :clap:

Single speed? :shifty:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: New toys
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
flirting kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 pm
Posts: 1948
No, gentlemen. That is not my bike. I won't be building it for a week or so.

DJ asked if it was green. It's white in bright light. I located an image to share so that he would see what it looks like with the sun up. That is an older Jabberwocky in the image. The cable guides are now on the underside of the top tube and the rear brake drop out is PM, not IS. Rear is 142X12 and these frames can now handle Plus tires.

Mine will be geared 1X. In fact, I am gutting my Timberjack for most of the parts. The only thing I needed to buy was a dropper (different diameter than the TJ) and a headset.

I can share that the frame is heavy. It's steel. Steel gives a little and provides a more cushy ride compared to alloy. The TJ frame weighed about 4 pounds. The Jabberwocky frame weighs 6.5 pounds.

I will adapt to the weight. After all, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1487 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net